The Advertiser (Advertiser or we or us) is committed to compliance with data protection laws.
Where the Site contains links to other third party websites, if you follow a link to any of those third party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information.
Please check these policies before you provide any personal information to such third party websites.
- Personal information about you we may hold or collect
- How we may use your personal information
- Who we may disclose your personal information to
- How we protect your personal information
- Contacting us & your rights to access and update your personal information
- Our Cookies Policy
- Information we may collect about you
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or upload on the Site.
- If you contact us or if we contact you, we may keep a record of that correspondence or details of any conversation we may have with you. Calls may be recorded.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Site and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including, but not limited to, your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access in accordance with our Cookies Policy. Although this information is generally non-identifying, where it can be used to identify you we treat it subject to the same safeguards that we apply to personal information.
- From third parties as set out in paragraph III below.
We do not knowingly collect information relating to individuals who are under 16 years old.
- Uses made of your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to decide whether to enter into any proposed transaction with you including in certain circumstances, disclosing such information to third party anti-fraud or law enforcement agencies for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and crime (as further set out in paragraph III below);
- to recover any payments due to us and where necessary to enforce such recovery through the engagement of debt collection agencies or taking other legal action (including the commencement and carrying out of legal and court proceedings);
- to analyse it in order to understand the service we provide and in order to improve our business;
- to monitor calls and transactions to ensure service quality, compliance with procedures and to combat fraud;
- to notify you about changes to our services and products; and/or
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
We may also use your information for marketing our own and selected third parties’ products and services to you by post, email, SMS, phone and fax and, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing.
We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you or you may opt out by contacting us, as set out in paragraph V.IV below.
- Disclosures to third parties
We may also permit selected third parties and agents to use your personal information, only for the purposes set out in paragraph 2 above who will be subject to obligations to process such information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deploy. Specific examples are set out in paragraphs III.II to III.VI below. All such disclosures will only be made in accordance with applicable laws.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and/or fraud is identified or suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies and law enforcement agencies and may be recorded by us or by them.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and other crime, for example when:
- reviewing applications for products (as outlined in paragraph 2 above);
- taking steps to recover payments due (as outlined in paragraph 2 above); and
- checking details of job applicants and employees.
We can provide the names and addresses of any agencies we use to counter fraud if you would like a copy of your information held by them. Please contact us at the address below. The agencies may charge a fee.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or in order to enable the Advertiser to comply with its regulatory requirements or dialogue with its regulators as applicable.
In the event that the Advertiser (or a part thereof) is (i) subject to negotiations for the sale of its business or (ii) is sold to a third party or undergoes a re-organisation, you agree that any of your personal information which it holds may be disclosed to such party (or its advisors) as part of any due diligence process or transferred to that re-organised entity or third party and used for the same purposes or for the purpose of analysing any proposed sale or re-organisation.
- Transmission, storage and security of your personal information
No data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislative requirements.
Your personal information may be accessed by staff or suppliers in, transferred to, and/or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in which data protection laws may be of a lower standard than in the EEA. Regardless of location or whether the person is an employee or contractor we will impose the same data protection safeguards that we deploy inside the EEA.
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose for which they were collected. Certain details and correspondence may be retained until the time limit for any legal challenges to the supply of the services has expired or in order to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data. Data may also be retained for or included in analysis carried out by us with respect to our business.
- Your rights & contacting us
Applicable data protection laws may give you the right to access certain personal information held about you. We will comply with our obligations to provide you with access to your personal information and to rectify any inaccuracies we are informed of in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Where permitted to do so, complying with your request may be subject to a fee to go some way to meeting our associated costs.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal information is accurate. In order to assist us with this, you should notify us of any changes to the personal information that you have provided to us by updating your details by contacting us as set out in paragraph V.4 below.
- Contacting us
- Disabling cookies
- If you do not agree to the use of these cookies please disable them by following the instructions for your browser set out here or use the automated disabling tools where available below. Please note that some of the services will not function so well if cookies are disabled.
Where the organisation setting the cookie provides an automated disabling tool in respect of its cookie(s) we list the name of that organisation, the category of cookies it sets together with a link to its automated disabling tool. In all other cases, we list the names of the cookies themselves and their source at the date of this Cookies policy so that you can easily identify and disable them if you want through your browser controls.
After your initial visit to this Site we may change the cookies we use. This cookies policy will always allow you to know who is placing cookies, for what purpose and give you the means to disable them so you should check it from time to time.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating web domain on your subsequent visits to that domain. Most web pages contain elements from multiple web domains so when you visit www.mannswaste.co.uk your browser may receive cookies from several sources.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies allow you to navigate between pages efficiently, remember preferences and generally improve the user experience. They can also be used to tailor advertising to your interests through tracking your browsing across websites.
Session cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser and persistent cookies remain on your device after the browser is closed (for example to remember your user preferences when you return to the site).
We describe the categories of cookies the Advertiser and its contractors use below.
What types of cookies does the Advertiser use?
- Strictly Necessary CookiesThese cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for (such as navigating between pages) cannot be provided.ExampleAdvertisergroup.com (full and mobile versions) currently uses the following strictly necessary cookies:
Cookie Name Source Purpose Further Information
Advertiser This session cookie implements a Microsoft technology which is essential
for the operation of our websites. It assigns an identification number
to each visitor so they can navigate the site correctly.
We make use of analytic cookies to analyse how our visitors use our Sites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website. The information collected by these cookies is not associated with your personal information by us or by our contractors.
Advertisergroup.com (full and mobile) currently uses the following analytic cookies from Google Analytics:
Cookie Name Source Purpose Further Information Google Analytics These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our
site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve
our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including
the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site
from and the pages they visited.
You may opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting
Advertising cookies (or targeting cookies) collect information about your browsing habits and are used to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used by services provided by third parties, such as Like or Share buttons. Third parties provide these services in return for recognising that you have visited a certain website. For example, when you use the Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter share buttons you will be directed to a page controlled by those companies which may place cookies (including targeting cookies) and will be subject to Facebook’s, LinkedIn’s or Twitter’s cookies policies respectively.
In addition to the cookies set by third parties such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter when you use their branded functionality embedded in our site, the following advertising cookies are also used:
e) Further Information & Type of Cookie (such as Session Cookie or Persistent)
We use advertising services provided to us by ReachLocal UK Limited through which ReachLocal as our data processor on our behalf places and reads cookies to provide those services to us – the cookies, information collected through such cookies and opt out / disabling instructions are set out here.
- Cookies policy does not cover third party websites
Please note that this cookies policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of third party websites which may be linked to this Site.